I’m not usually a fan of making dessert as the recipes usually have to be extremely precise and don’t allow for much improvization. I like bread pudding because the recipe is pretty forgiving and allows for a lot of different customizations.
Usually a bread pudding recipe calls for raisins, but I prefer to use dried blueberries. I also prefer to use almond milk to regular milk, just because I always have it on hand and it adds an interesting flavor.
- 8 servings
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- 30 mins
- 8 ounces Brioche bread, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 8 oz. almond milk
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 2 oz. dried blueberries
- Melt the butter in the microwave and brush a large baking dish with some of it.
- Use the rest of the butter to mix with vanilla, sugar, salt, and almond milk.
When the mixture has cooled slightly. add the eggs.
Pour the mixture over the bread and mix in the dried blueberries and let soak for about 1 hour while preheating the oven to 350.
Place the bread in the buttered baking dish and pour the remaining egg custard mixture over the bread. Dust the top with cinnamon.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes until the edges of the bread have browned but the mixture is still wobbly.