Ragu Bolognese Pasta
December 14, 2017
A good sauce is a simple combination of ingredients like ground meat, aromatic vegetables, and a base tomato sauce. If you have made the tomato sauce recipe I provided you can use that, but if not a store bought one will be fine.
- 1 pound pasta
- 3/4 pound lamb meat, ground
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, minced
- pecorino romano
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and stir until coated in the oil. Let heat through until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery and oregano.
- Add the ground meat and break up with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir until the meat is browned and mixed well with the other ingredients, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir to combine well. Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot of salted boiling water, prepare the pasta according to the directions.
- Drain the pasta well and then combine with the sauce, and the ricotta cheese. Mix well to combine.
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.