White Chicken Chili
December 28, 2017
I love this recipe because it is simple, comforting, and builds a really rich, complex flavor with a small set of ingredients and a very quick cook time. I’ve used the Instant Pot’s pressure cooker setting to speed up the time and make the chicken super tender, but you can also make this in a normal stock pot or dutch oven, in which case you can just increase the chicken stock by 1 cup and increase the cook time with all ingredients from 10 minutes to 20.
- 16 oz. onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño, minced
- 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3-15 ounce cans Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat
- Sauté the the onions and jalapeño for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Sauté the chicken until the chicken is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spices, corn, cannellini, and chicken stock; set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 10 minutes. When it is done, quick release the pressure.
- Stir vigorously and break up some of the beans. Add the cream.
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.