May 23, 2020
Italian Breadcrumbs and high heat give these meatballs a satisfying crunch exterior. I serve them with Spaghetti and Marinara.
- 1 pound ground lamb, beef, or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp romano cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Beat the egg and 2 tablespoons of water in a large bowl. Mix the ground meat in with a fork.
- Mix in the garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, cheese, and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Wet your hands with water and shape the meatballs into small 1.5 inch balls with your hands.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet on medium-high heat for 1 minute
- Place meatballs in hot pan and leave alone for 5 minutes. The meatballs should begin to brown on the bottom, you can monitor their progress by seeing the brown layer on the side of the meatball.
- After five minutes is up, flip the meatballs to the other side.
- After another five minutes the other side of the meatballs should be browned. Stir the meatballs to coat in oil and brown on other side to taste.
- The meatballs can be served immediately with sauce over spaghetti.
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.