Minced Basil Chicken
January 20, 2019
This is a take on a normal stir fry chicken basil dish, but using the minced chicken can produce a very comforting homestyle dish. You can also add chinese pickles to this dish if you want a little bit of crunch.
- 16 ounces ground chicken
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 ounce basil, leaves removed from stems
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated or sliced into thin slivers
- soy sauce
- Mix the minced chicken with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, the jalapeño pepper, and half of the basil leaves for about 1 hour.
- Heat a wok or cast iron skillet over medium heat for 1 minute until it is evenly heated. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the minced ginger and stir until it is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully add the minced chicken, without adding too much of the excess moisture or soy sauce. Stir the minced chicken until it is evenly broken up and browning, about 5 minutes.
- Add a little more soy sauce and the remaining basil leaves and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.