Stir-fried shrimp with green beans
June 02, 2018
This is a healthy and simple stir-fry recipe my Mom used to make. You can make it with any variety of shrimp, including baby shrimp or prawns. The green beans can also be substituted for okra.
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and deshelled
- 12 oz. green beans
- 2 tbsp. ginger, grated
- white rice
- Trim the ends of the green beans and slice on the bias into 1/8" segements.
- Heat 1/8" of vegetable oil on medium heat. Add the grated ginger until it begins to turn color.
- Add the raw shrimp and stir until the shrimp begins to change color, about 1 minute.
- Add the sliced green beans.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice- spoon the extra oil over the rice.
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.