This is a light pasta dish with no sauce, but flavored through bacon fat, and bright summer vegetables.
- 8 servings
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- 30 mins
- 16 ounces Farfalle pasta
- 6 strips bacon, cut into short batons
- 3 zucchini, roughly grated with a box grater
- 2 ears corn kernels, removed from cob
- 4 oz basil, chiffonaded
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- parmesan cheese
- Prepare the pasta in well-salted water and reserve one cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the raw ears of corn.
Shred the zucchini on the rough side of a box grater. Salt well and drain on paper towels to remove excess moisture.
In a large dutch oven, brown the bacon with the chopped garlic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir to combine for about 1 minute.
Add the corn, shredded zucchini, and a generous amount of pepper, and stir to combine for another minute.
- Add the mozzarella chunks and top with the drained pasta to let the chunks of mozzarella begin to melt. Add the reserved pasta water and stir well to form a light sauce for the pasta.
Add the chopped basil, a light dusting of parmesan cheese.