May 28, 2020
A BLT is all about having good ingredients and combining them in a simple sandwich.
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tomato
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped roughly
- Heat the Cast Iron Skillet on Low-Medium Heat for several minutes.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and lay in the pan. Use a heavy spatula to keep the pieces of bacon from curling up and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the bacon to the other side and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and transfer to a paper towel.
- Toast the bread in the bacon fat for 2 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the bread to the other side and toast for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the heat and spread mayonnaise evenly on each slice of bread.
- Pile shredded lettuce on each side of bread.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes on one side of the sandwich. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Lay the bacon over the tomatoes in alternating directions.
- Combine both sides of bread and slice in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
This recipe was adapted from:
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.