July 27, 2022
This is a keto-friendly muffin recipe that can be made in 90 seconds in the microwave. Even though I’m not on a keto diet specifically, I think it’s a healthy and convenient substitute for traditional bread in something like an egg muffin or a mini grilled cheese sandwich.
- 21 grams almond flour
- 1 egg
- 3 grams olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Generously grease a microwave-safe ramekin with butter.
- Mix the almond flour, egg, olive oil, and a dash of salt well until there are no lumps. You can use a hand mixer to speed this process up, or pour the contents into an airtight container and shake vigorously.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered ramekin.
- Microwave the ramekin for 90 seconds.
- Allow the ramekin to cool for about 30 seconds and then turn upside down onto a cutting board. You may need to use a knife to gently separate the bread from the bottom of the ramekin.
- Split the muffin and toast it in a medium-hot skillet for about 2 minutes on each side.
Written by Will Chiong who lives and works in New York building useful things.